Your adornment must not be merely external--braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. 1 Peter 3:3-4 NIV

Thursday, April 23, 2009

mighty to save


Dearest friends and family,

God is doing so much... I have much to write and WILL when I am more coherent than I am now! ;)
I've copied and pasted a couple notes that Annie wrote about JAR--a new beautiful woman who now works at NL. This all happened in the last 48 hrs! GOD HAS SAVED HER!

(First post--just 14yrs after meeting Jar)
"Last night's outreach was sad. I met a young woman 25 yrs, named Jar. I could tell she was brand new. They called her to dance but she didn't know what to do. She was very uncomfortable. I called her over and found out it was her first day and she was scared. She said she had worked at a factory putting hardrives together but a friend told her she could make a lot of money fast at the bar. Her mother, 45 yrs. is in her last stage of terminal breast cancer. The doctor has given her two weeks to live. Jar has come to work at the bar to pay for the hospital bill and for chemotherapy. I asked her why they were doing chemotherapy if her mom had two weeks. She got teary and said that her mother is the only person she has left and she wants to do all she can. I held her and prayed for her. She held back the tears as best she could. Her mother has lost all her hair and doesn't talk with her much anymore because she is not doing well. I told Jar about NL and she was excited and hopeful. She thinks she will work two weeks and see what happens with her mom and then call me. The only way for her to make a lot of money in two weeks is through tips from customers. That's not likely with more girls working and fewer customers around and her being so new and uncomfortable.
I'm praying for a miracle for her mom."

(second post-Jar's mom died only about 5 hrs after God set up the divine meeting with Annie. Jar called a little over 18hrs after meeting Annie.)

"Jar called me this afternoon. Her mother died last night. She felt all alone and wanted to see me. I met her and brought her to NightLight. She said she got back to the hospital at 2am after work. She made no tips and just couldn't make the effort to talk or go with men. She only had the money I gave her (instead of buying a drink) to get her home. She got to the hospital and the doctor said her mother had died at 1:30am. On her way home she bought a bottle of medicine thinking she would die and follow her mother. A voice told her not to do it and she decided to sleep a bit first. She dreamt of me and decided she would call me. First she had to take her mother's body to the temple for cremation. She couldn't afford to do any ceremonies and there are no relatives to care or help. She finished at 3 and called me. She really doesn't want to work at the bar.

Jar told me she thinks her life has no value or why would her father abandon her? I shared with her how God arranged our meeting last night and how much He loves her. She said she doesn't know anything about God but she had read about Jesus dying on the cross. I explained to her that He did it because she is that valuable to Him. I told her that she won't be alone. She will have family and community here at NightLight. She went home tonight with the promise that she is not suicidal but has hope. Tomorrow morning she has to go back to the temple then she will start work at NightLight. I gave her a hug and told her she is a sister already and to call me if she needs encouragement tonight.

I praise God that he set up that divine appointment, that he spared her life and brought her to us. Its really amazing to think about. I'm so sad for her loss. At the same time if her mother had lived another two weeks she would have stayed at the bar hoping and sacrificing in vain. Her mother died her first night there after she met us and had an option with hope. wow! Please pray for her though. I'm hoping she will move to the shelter and not stay alone in the apartment once she has some time to say goodbye."

GOD IS SO AMAZING! No schemes of the Devil, no plans of the enemy, no tragedy too great, no hopelessness too deep for the GLORY OF GOD!

She was saved from taking a customer in the bar, possible abuse/trauma, suicide, dealing with death alone, eviction from her apartment, and no possibility of income! GOD IS MERCIFUL AND HEARS EVERY ONE OF HIS CHILDREN CRY OUT TO HIM AND HE IS MIGHTY TO SAVE!!!!!!!

I will write more about myself later, it just doesn't seem appropriate now ;) just know I am wonderful and God has taken me on a huge journey of revelation. I am excited to share with you. Please pray for my up coming journey to pattaya--I'll be attending a Glory school and doing prophetic evangelism on the streets and redlight district there! Pray for our safety, that God's Glory would be so heavy, his anointing would fall, lives would be saved and rival began!

love you all
Lynds

No comments: