Your adornment must not be merely external--braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. 1 Peter 3:3-4 NIV

Friday, September 4, 2009

additional chapter-i'm writing a book ;)

My fabulous Family and Friends,

'There are realities created when we speak what God is saying. When we speak, the Holy Spirit himself is released into the environment and brings life. We release his Glory, there is a shifting in the atmosphere and things happen. Any obstacle to the will of God must be dealt with. What other purpose would their be to removing mountains with your voice? When you have an obstacle to divine destiny, you don't march around it, you SPEAK TO IT. The authority of God is in the voice, it's in his word. It's in what he is SAYING! Sometimes the Lord calls us to be active in our prayers. We find it easier to pray and then blame God for the outcome, instead of taking risks and facing possible failure . Many people pray in the place of radical obedience. When Jesus slept in the middle of the storm, the disciples woke him to have him take care of the storm, "their obstacle" to what he declared to be their destiny. That's not humility, it's not humility to say "Jesus come and take care of this storm", it's abandoning personal responsibility. I am not mentored by him to call upon him and have him cater to me, but to reign with. Not independent of, not contrary to-but because of! To reign with him--kingdom perspective. Kingly position, in the kingdom is the favor to serve more effectively in service. It's not a position of domination. It's not going over but coming under. A king's role is to empower to be more effective.

The lord shows us over and over that the kingdom is at hand, but it's a step beyond convenient.We speak to the demon, we speak against the disease, we command the fig tree to die. You talk to it-- Jesus models how this works. It's a measure of sacrifice. What you need in life will be brought to you, but what you desire (that the Lord has put in the secret place of your heart), you will have to go get!

This kingdom perspective of what God is modeling to his people is displayed perfectly in the story of when Jesus comes to the fig tree, out of season, and there is no fruit so he cursed it. HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE FRUIT THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE FROM OUR LIVES! He has grafted us into a system where the impossible is required from our lives.

We are drafted into an army who's soul assignment is to invade the 'country' called IMPOSSIBLE. It is our 'bread' it is who we are by nature!'

Now, I wish I could take credit for the above words. However, it is a paraphrased/my interpretation of a sermon of Bill Johnson's. SPEAKING OF BILL JOHNSON---as most of you know, but if you don't..... IN ONE WEEK, I AM HEADED TO BETHEL SCHOOL OF SUPERNATURAL MINISTRY in REDDING, CA!!!

The Lord has presented me a season to rest in HIS presence, HIS promises, spend endless hours with him and learn from his word, apply HIS ways and be stretched, refined, challenged and sent out to serve! I can not believe I've been given this honor. If you know me at all, I am a person who works 3 jobs and is always with people---filling each moment and very much trying to 'control' my life. In the last 6 months, the Lord has taken me on an incredible journey of healing and pulling close to him. I've felt his tangible presences and I HUNGER FOR MORE! I believe in his healing power and i've seen people healed by his power. I literally believe that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH CHRIST! I fell in love with the Lord and I begged him for more time with him. I felt his presence wash over me and ask me to spend that time with him. I realized that HE wants to be with me, more than I could ever desire to be with him. I was floored and sobbed at the thought. For days, I felt the Lord ask me to come to him over and over. Many other divine things happened and a major thing happened---the Lord revealed that this 'season' of intense worship of HIM and face-on-the floor time with him---would happen at BETHEL!!! I was worried---Lord, I want this so much--but I can not leave Thailand. I can not leave NightLight. However, the Lord quickly showed me how he was going to combine the both, continue my relationship with NightLight. I will be attending Bethel and taking an advocacy role in the US promoting NL with the long term goal of connecting Bethel and Nightlight. One of the ways being, bringing prayer teams from Bethel to NightLight 2 or 3 times a year and intercessery prayer at Bethel for NightLight and the issues of Human trafficking. SO the Lord was clear. 'I am in control and I have a plan.... if I was going to live out the plans I have for you---this is your time to be with ME and be equipped for the call I have given you!'

I AM SO THRILLED. I have never been given--well, I have never accepted--this season from the Lord before. A season of rest. A season of complete dependancy. I season to learn learn, grow , grow and grow in the LOVE of the Lord. I'm relieved and humbled and I will cherish this season!!!!

I love you all dearly and you have been my lifeline. I can not thank you enough for your support. I am asking for your continued support. If the Lord lays on your heart to support me during this season, I would be honored to covenant with you. I will be in full time school and prophetic ministry and in this time of rest, I will not be working.
I leave in one week-September 11th and The Point is to Serve is still accepting donations for me; I have broken my expenses down below:

The Point is to Serve
PO Box 91416
Sioux Falls, SD 57109-1416
United States of America

$3600 for ONE YEAR TUITION
$1150 a month
-$400 rent
-$300 student loan
-$50 cell phone
-$200 food
$100 toiletries/household needs
$100 ministry needs


Blessings to you all! The Lord is doing a new thing and I pray abundance for you all!
love you
Lyndsey

No comments: